As we say, “Health is Wealth”, nothing is possible, nothing can be enjoyed and nothing can be achieved without good health. It is believed since our ancient times that a man of good health can enjoy great happiness during his lifetime. Health is the greatest wealth and even a poor peasant with good health can enjoy a happier life than a wealthy person with poor health.
Every year on 7th of April, under the sponsorship of WHO (World Health Organization), the World Health Day is celebrated as a global health awareness day. WHO through this day seeks the opportunity to draw attention of the world on the subject of global health needs and its importance. It is believed that more than half the population of the world in unable to receive essential health services that they need. It aims at ensuring that everyone everywhere get access of essential health services without the barrier of financial constraints.
As said earlier, good health is the key to a happy life, we all need to focus on our health and participate in all the activities required to do so.
Here are a few attributes that contributes to the importance of good health:
- Proper nutrition: it is the first and foremost important aspect of good health. Good and healthy food is needed for good nutrition.
- Physical stability: maintaining physical stability is vital for good health. It can be achieved through regular exercises, yoga, meditation etc.
- Relaxed sleep: a relaxed sleep is essential to get relieved from stress and rest to the body. It is crucial for healthy body and mind.
- A sound mind: a peaceful and productive mind is the result of a good and healthy person.
The values of good health:
- It imparts strength and endurance to perform our daily activities is a smooth and comfortable way.
- It keeps you away from many health issues and complications like heart diseases, diabetes and obesity.
- It makes you more flexible. It keeps muscles relaxed and joints pain free.
- Maintains core stability by providing support to muscles and joints that controls posture, balance and efficiency.
The values and benefits of good nutrition is beyond the parameters of healthy weight as it can help in:
- Reducing the risk of many diseases like heart diseases, diabetes, stroke, cancers, and osteoporosis.
- It reduces high blood pressure.
- Improves ability to fight illnesses.
- Improves ability to recover from illnesses.
- Improves overall well-being.
- Increases energy levels and activeness.
- Improves metabolism.
Good nutrition is when the body gets all the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients it needs to function optimally. Here are some tips that will ensure that you are having nutritious and healthy foods:
- Eat lots of fruits: eat fresh fruits more than its juices to get the benefits of numerous vitamins and fibres.
- Get plenty of vegetables: ensure that you include colourful and variety of fresh vegetables in your diet on daily basis.
- Whole – grains: make sure that the cereals, crackers, breads and pasta that you choose is made of whole grains.
- Chose low-fat over fat free products: as these provides the body with all essential calcium and vitamin D for bone development.
- Get lean meats: lean cuts of poultry and meat are good sources of protein and are also low in fats and calories.
- Get more proteins: through fish, beans and tofu.
Some important health tips essentials:
- Never skip the first meal of the day – the breakfast.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
- Food high on fat and oil should be strictly avoided.
- Consumption of tobacco and alcohol should be always avoided.
- Avoid stress as it could through you misbalanced.
- Get sound sleep for better being.
- Use oil with less Trans fats.
- Keep a positive outlook towards life which can surely enhance your efforts for a healthy body.